Personal Care x UEFA Euros Cup Competition
‘Scan to Win’ Terms and Conditions ("Promotion")
These Terms and Conditions govern the relationship between you, the entrant (“you”, “your(s)”, "entrant(s)"), the Promoter and the Retailer (both defined below) in relation to the Promotion and shall prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of these Terms and Conditions and by participating all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
1. The Promoter: Unilever UK Limited, Lever House, 3 St James Road, Kingston Upon Thames, United Kingdom, KT1 2BA.The promoter is responsible for administering the scan-to-win element of the Promotion and for conducting the prize draw.
2. The Retailer: Poundland Ltd, Poundland Csc, Midland Road, Walsall, WS1 3TX, 0121 568 7000. The Retailer is responsible for placing the Promotion Material in stores.
3. The Supplier: Unilever UK Limited, Lever House, 3 St James Road, Kingston Upon Thames, United Kingdom, KT1 2BA
4. The Promoter, the Retailer and the Supplier, together referred to as the "Promotion Entities".
a. This Promotion is open to UK (England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland) residents aged 18 years or over who: (a) have a mobile phone with scan capabilities (b) internet access (to receive any digital Prizes) and (c) have a valid passport and authority to enter Germany.
b. The following are not eligible to enter this Promotion: employees and their immediate families of the Promotion Entities, associated agents or anyone professionally connected with this Promotion, including without limitation, advertising agencies, PR, prize suppliers and legal advisors. In these Terms and Conditions, “immediate family” includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, partner or spouse members of such employees or of anyone with whom such employees are domiciled.
6.The Winner [and their guest) may not be a public official or Excluded Person. Excluded Person means:
a. any person banned by the Host Association from membership of the fan club for the national football team (or banned from any equivalent official supporters club by a football governing body in any jurisdiction in the World);
b. any person subject to an administrative or judicial football ban under the applicable laws of the relevant Host City and/or Germany;
c. any person banned by UEFA, FIFA, any football governing body or otherwise, from travelling to or attending an association football match;
d. any person banned by UEFA, the Host Association and/or the relevant Stadium Owner from attending events at the Stadium;
e. any person who is deemed by the participating teams in the Match to be a person to whom Tickets should not be allocated (including but not limited to persons who have been issued with a stadium ban by the respective participating team);
f. any person who is deemed by the relevant public authorities to be a person to whom Tickets should not be allocated for safety and security reasons; and
g. any person who has breached or is in breach of the applicable tickets Terms and Conditions.
7. Promotional Period: This Promotion opens at 00:00 GMT on 26.02.2024and closes at 23:59 BST on 19.05.2024. Entries received outside the Promotional Period shall not be valid for entry into this Promotion.
8. Entry Instructions:
Entrants will need to purchase at least one of the qualifying products(s) and keep a digital copy of the receipt for validation if they are to win the competition.
a. Qualifying products include:
Sure Men Deodorant Antiperspirant Quantum Dry 200ml
Sure Men Deodorant Antiperspirant Invisible Ice 200ml
Sure Men Deodorant Antiperspirant Active Dry 200ml
Sure Women Deodorant Bright Bouquet 200ml
Sure Women Deodorant Antiperspirant Cotton 200ml
Sure Women Deodorant Invisible Pure 200ml
Dove Men Deodorant Antiperspirant Classic 200ml
Dove Men Deodorant Antiperspirant Fresh 200ml
Radox Shower gel Moisturise225ml
Radox Shower gel Feel Revived 225ml
Radox Shower gel Feel Active 225ml
Radox Shower gel Feel Awake 225ml
Radox Shower gel Feel Radiant 225ml
Radox Shower gel Feel Football Fresh (Euro Limited Edition)225ml
Lynx Africa Shower Gel 225ml
Lynx Jungle Fresh Shower Gel 225ml
Lynx Black Shower Gel 225ml
Lynx Epic Fresh Shower Gel 225ml
b. Entry is via the Sure website – entrants can scan the QR code on display packaging (“Promotional material”) using a mobile device and complete the sign-up form or visit the Sure website on https://www.suredeodorant.co.uk/feb-2024-euros-poundland/. Entrant must fill in first name, last name and email address. Entrants will need to enter the barcode number of the qualifying product into the form for the entry to be valid. Answering the additional questions is optional. They must agree to the T&Cs whereby they consent to their data being shared with the Promoter and a 3rdparty agency for prize fulfillment purposes only.
9. Only one entry per person during the Promotional Period. Any use by entrants of identities other than their own and/or any entrant using the same email to enter this Promotion will be disqualified and any prize entitlement will be void. An email can only be used by one person and it cannot be shared within a household. The Promoter reserves the right to determine, in its sole and absolute discretion, whether an entrant or household has already submitted an entry and to disqualify any subsequent entries or prize entitlement.
10. No third party or bulk entries. Entries via third parties, consumer groups or syndicates, entries by macros or other automated means and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions in full will be disqualified. If it becomes apparent that either an entrant or household is using any means to circumvent this condition such as, and without limitation, fraudulently falsifying data; using multiple email addresses; using multiple postal addresses; acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the opinion of the Promoter; using identities other than their own; creating fake identities or using any other automated or manual means in order to increase that entrant's or a household’s entries or otherwise acting in violation of these terms, these entrants and their household will be disqualified, and any prize entitlement will be void.
11. Illegible, incorrect and/or incomplete Entries will not be accepted or eligible to win a prize. No responsibility can be accepted for Entries that are illegible, incorrect, incomplete, lost due to technical reasons, corrupted, delayed or not received for whatsoever reason.
12. We also reserve the right in our sole and reasonable discretion to disqualify any entrant who: (a) we have reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions; and/or (b) corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion; and/or (c) engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Promotion. We also reserve our legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender.
13. Prizes: There are3 prizes to be wonin this promotion. Each prize consists of:UEFA EURO2024™ semifinals tickets in Dortmund, Germany on 09.07.24. This includes return economy flights for the winner(s) & 1 guest departing from an airport in the UKon 09.07.24, returning 10.07.24, with one night stay in a 3-star hotel (1 shared room) and £400 of spending money.
14. NOTICE: Each main winner and guest must all need to hold a valid passport and have authority to enter Germany. This must be obtained and confirmed before travelling to Germany.
Unilever will not be liable to winners or guests for any costs, damages, injuries or losses incurred by the winners or their guests as a result of travelling to or attending the UEFA EURO2024™.
Prize winner(s) and their guest(s) must have adequate and sufficient travel and medical insurance for their period of travel and duration of their stay in Berlin, Germany and will be responsible for costs associated with obtaining such insurance.
15. For the 3 main prizes it is the Winner’s responsibility to organise transport to/from their departure airport. Unless expenses are expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions to be expenses which are part of any prize, all other expenses incurred by the winner and their guest in preparation for, or during the trip, are the responsibility of the winner and their guest, including but not limited to all other meals, transfers, insurance and any applicable insurance excesses, spending money beyond the £400 provided, incidentals, mini-bar, laundry, room service, telephone calls and all other ancillary costs are not included.
a. The three main prize winners will each receive tickets only valid for the specified date.
b. The main prizes include what is stated in clause 13 only and does not cover any additional costs related to other travel, food, drinks, or any expense of any kind.
c. The winner must be over 18 years old. In the event the winner’s travel companion is under the age of 18 years, they must be accompanied by a parent/guardian and may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Anyone under 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times whilst at the stadium and its surrounding areas. The adult must also have a valid ticket. The adult must have a valid ticket to Euros.
e. Use of the tickets is subject to the terms and conditions on the tickets and the regulations in force at the applicable venue. The tickets may not be resold under any circumstances and can only be used by the winners.
f. Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and non-refundable and there is no cash alternative in whole or in part. Match tickets must be used only by the winner(s) and named guest(s). Entrants must not re-sell, give away or otherwise re-distribute any tickets they receive.
g. Prize elements, including match tickets, air travel provider, and hotel, will be determined by the Supplier in its absolute discretion. All travel is always subject to availability and may be dependent on select seat class with airlines or specific room category availability with an accommodation partner. Departure airport will depend on the destination in Germany and availability.
h. Prize winner(s) and guest(s) must be available to travel on the dates specified by the Promotion Entities, or prize and its value will be forfeited.
i. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize. The winner and their guest must travel together, including travelling on the same flights and staying in the same accommodation and possess all required travel documents, including visas and valid passports, if and as applicable. No compensation or alternative travel plans will be arranged should the winner and/or their guest miss their outbound or return flights or fail to meet any check in requirements for any reason. These costs will be the sole responsibility and expense of the winner(s) and their guest(s). A credit card imprint will be required from the winner at check-in to the hotel for all incidental charges.
j. Winner(s) and their guest will be solely responsible for all taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prizes they receive, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, is used. Winner(s) and their guest are responsible for passport, travel visa, insurance, medical expenses and compliance with meeting any travel/health requirements imposed by German government and those of the United Kingdom at time of travel. Prize excludes domestic transfers, meals and drinks, spending money, all other expenses not expressly stated.
k. The Promotion Entities will not be responsible for replacement of any lost or stolen match tickets once they are in winner's possession or in the possession of the winner’s guest.
l. Match tickets are subject to the terms and conditions specified by the match's organiser. Winner(s) and their guest(s) must comply with all applicable ticket terms and conditions, stadium code of conduct terms and safety and security regulations and decisions including the prohibition on the re-sale and transfer of such tickets, and prohibition of certain items in the stadium. Winners will receive an invitation to the UEFA ticketing App. During the
16.Entrants agree that, should they win tickets to a EURO Match, their personal information and that of any guest(s) including, but not limited to their title, first name(s), last name, email address, date of birth, mobile phone number and passport/ID issued by country name, along with any other required information will be processed by Unilever and Unilever’s third party agencies in order to provide the agreed tickets [and arrange travel and/or accommodation] to the winner and guest.
17.Where Entrant and/or their Guest has notified Unilever of a disability or limited mobility, Unilever will use reasonable endeavors to accommodate any accessibility requirements necessary to enable the Entrant and their Guest to attend the stadium [including any related hospitality, travel and accommodation requirements]. While Unilever strives to ensure accessibility for all, the Entrant acknowledges that Unilever cannot guarantee that third-party providers of tickets [ hospitality, travel and accommodation] will always meet specific accessibility requirements. These services are managed independently, and their policies and practices may vary. Unilever will not be responsible for any failure to meet accessibility requirements by third-party providers.
18.For the 3 prize winners, the tickets must be used only by the winner(s) [and named guest(s)] for personal use only. The winner(s) [and named guest(s)] shall not:
a. offer for sale and/or sell Tickets publicly, in particular at auctions or online and/or on resale platforms;
b. sell or transfer Tickets to any commercial or professional reseller and/or ticket broker;
c. run any advertisements or promotions;
d. advertise, promote, give away, distribute, sell or offer for sale any product or service from any part of the Stadium or via the display of overt commercial messages on clothing worn or items brought into the Stadium; or
e. exploit any marketing or promotional opportunities in relation to the Ticket(s). For the avoidance of doubt, no branding, which may be aimed at promotional or marketing purposes whatsoever, may be displayed by any Ticket Holder at the Stadium.
19. Only one prize per household. The prize must be accepted as offered and redeemed by the named winner only. There is no cash or alternative prize, in whole or part (save where the Promoter in its sole discretion deems it reasonably necessary to provide an alternative prize). The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable. Sale of the prize for profit is prohibited and may constitute fraud. The prize cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or discount.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to provide alternative prizes of equal or greater value should circumstances outside our control make this necessary.
21. The Supplier is responsible for sourcing and supplying the prize for the Promotion.
22. We reserve the right to verify winner(s) and ask for proof of identity, age and address and to withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
23. Winner Selection: All valid entries received on or before the closing date will be randomly assigned a number and will be entered into a random number generator draw. The first three entries drawn at random will win the main prize outlined in clause 13. In the event of any dispute, the decision of the promotor is final. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promotor reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into.
24. Winner Notification: Winner(s) will be notified by email from email@example.com (the promotors third party agency) within 7 days of the closing date. The winner must claim their prize by responding to the email confirming their and their selected guests’ first name, last name and email address within 7 days of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the promotor reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the promotion rules.
25. The winners’ details (surname and county) may be made available on request to those by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Winners may notify the Promoter if they do not wish for this information to be published.
Unilever may also share such personal data with FIFA UEFA who may use it to (i) process ticket requests; (ii) issue tickets; and (iii) carry out necessary health, security and/or background checks; (iv) to comply with applicable law; and (v) and/or organise appropriate accessible seating. Winners confirm that they will obtain the permission of any Guest(s) they take, for the same.
27. As concerns UK residents, these terms and conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of stature or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the courts of England and Wales. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts to settle any such dispute or issues.
28. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to eliminate or disqualify any Entries or entrants that it regards as being in breach of these Terms and Conditions or the spirit of this Promotion. Those who try and circumvent the entry process and/or entry instructions by any method, will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
29. Entry into this Promotion is voluntary and at the entrant's sole decision and risk.
30. Subject to Clause 31 below, the Promotion Entities will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to the winner(s) or any third party, or accept any liability for:
a. any disappointment, loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of entry to this Promotion; and/or
b. any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of acceptance and/or use of the prize.
31. Nothing in these Terms shall limit or exclude the Promotion Entities' liability for:
a. death or personal injury caused by negligence; and/or
b. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and/or
c. any liability which may not be legally limited under applicable law.
32. The Promotion Entities accept no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to, lost, delayed or not received entries, winner notification(s) or prize(s). The Promotion Entities will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of Entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of the Promotion Entities.
33. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this Promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties but will use all reasonable endeavors to avoid consumer disappointment and in the event of an early cancellation or termination of this Promotion, the Promoter will select winner(s) from all valid and eligible Entries received prior to any such early cancellation or termination. Such circumstances include, but are not limited to: industrial action, civil unrest, fire, flood, storms, earthquakes, acts of terrorism, acts of war, governmental action or any other event that is beyond the control of the Promoter.
Data Controller: Unilever UK Ltd, Lever House, 3 St James Road, Kingston Upon Thames, United Kingdom, KT1 2BA.